Precarious in science? You are not alone!
Together we fight in union for secure perspectives at universities - Gewerkschaft Erziehung und Wissenschaft (GEW) - German Education Union
For some time now, the hashtag #IchBinHanna has been circulating on Twitter. It illustrates once again that precariousness also exists in academia.
Become active for better working conditions: Put an end to eternal fixed-term contracts, time for good teaching and for research, family and free time, no more unpaid overtime!
What can you do?
- @BTUCS: Sign up for the email distribution list of the BTU's mid-level staff network: lists.b-tu.de/mailman/listinfo/mittelbau-l
@UP: Sign up for our email distribution list! You can become a member of the union group list by simply sending an empty e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.(Please make sure that the email account you send the email from is the one you want to subscribe to the list for. You will then have to confirm your subscription. This is done automatically via email and is very simple).
In any case: Come to the meeting and get active! You will receive all the information via the mailing list. If you need a translation just introduce yourself on the mailing list and we'll get back to you in English.
- Become a member to be part of the solidarity community, to have legal protection, to participate in exciting events and much more: Click here!
- Sign the petition Permanent positions for permanent tasks of the GEW: Click here!
- Get informed:
- Find general information on the GEW in English: Click here!
- Find more information on the GEW Bund Hochschule und Forschung (German): Click here!
- Find more information on the GEW Brandenburg Higher Education and Research (German): Click here!
- Contact the university and research section of the GEW Brandenburg: email@example.com
Student employees: WHK? Tutor?
A new contract every semester, the salary is not even enough for the rent? You want a reliable part-time job
and a proper holiday?
Become a member and join the GEW Studis Brandenburg, get active for your collective agreement!
You'll find more information and contact details on the current campaign here!